Tuesday, September 14, 2010

snot

alrighty so.

Today was deceivingly cold.  The sun was shining but it was freezing.  We took the kids outside to play at the park and everyone had runny noses.  My main man was riding his motorcycle around the park when it happened.





aaaaaa.....aaaaaaa.......ACHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It echoed through the entire school yard.  I stood, in horror, as snot shot from his face. I have never seen snot like that.  It was a magical moment.  And then, it hit me. i'm the one that has to clean this boy up !  I was momentarily paralyzed but then all of my training kicked in and I professionally ran around the playground looking for and screaming, WE NEED TOILET PAPER. The lady that usually carries it was taking the garbage out and I was left searching.  The other young girl working with me called out that she had found it and took care of the situation.  I calmly walked back and watched as she used a bucket and shovel to clean up the poor boys face. I knelt down and told him that I have a new found respect for him.  That his tiny head could hold that much snot, WOW.  This boy talks like Ross Geller and calmly told me. "The       tissue       was            righT   There"

and that, ladies and gentlemen, was the highlight of my day.







No comments:

Post a Comment